- Samsung this week announced its plan to introduce a new debit card.
- The company's new and "innovative" debit card will launch this summer but Samsung didn't provide us with additional details.
- Visit BGR's homepage for more stories.
By now, we're pretty accustomed to seeing Samsung draw inspiration from Apple's product line and outright steal some of the company's more well-known iPhone features. In fact, Samsung's penchant for looking to Apple for guidance runs so deep that they've even copied the icon Apple uses for Face ID. This, of course, shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone who closely followed Apple and Samsung's blockbuster patent battle a few years ago. If you recall, the lawsuit saw the release of an internal 132-page Samsung document which laid out in specific detail how to blatantly copy some of the iPhone's more innovative software features.
Flash forward to 2020 and Samsung's still up to its old tricks. Late this week, Samsung announced a new plan to roll out an "innovative" debit card. I can't quite put my finger on it, but this all sounds vaguely familiar to something Apple unveiled in March of last year.
Today's Top Deals
- Here are this week’s 5 best-selling electronics devices on Amazon
- Today’s best deals: Best-selling face masks and hand sanitizer, $22 earphones, $100 off Bose 700, Amazon devices, more
- Everyone’s swarming Amazon for these coronavirus face masks
Trending Right Now:
- Scientists have developed antibodies that can kill coronavirus
- Here’s why coronavirus is still spreading even though most of us are stuck at home
- This startling discovery might protect men from coronavirus
Samsung proves once again that it will copy literally anything Apple does originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 8 May 2020 at 17:04:40 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.