Today Leica released new firmware update for the SL2 mirrorless camera. Version 2.0 includes a new Multishot feature that creates 187MP high-resolution photos. In Multishot mode, you get one regular 47MP feature and one 187MP high-resolution file.
Leica Store Amsterdam posted a video on the new firmware update:
The test images done by Rahi Rezvani (both the 47MP and 187MP files) can be downloaded here. The new firmware can be downloaded here. Here is the full list of improvements and bugfixes in firmware update 2.0:
- With Multishot the user can create photos with a resolution up to 187MP.
- One photo will be taken at normal resolution (47MP) and one at high resolution (187MP).
- Improvement on the Video Menu GUI
In the submenus of the video mode, a white highlighted header shows that the user operates in video mode.
- Improvement on the AF field size setting
The AF-field size can be changed with a long tap without moving the AF field.
- SD-Card naming
After formatting the SD-Card, the card will be named with “Leica SL2”.
- Detection of M lenses
6-bit coded M lenses will be recognized at all time with the M-Adapter L.
- Elimination of artifacts on very fast continuous shooting
In the drive mode “Continous – Very High Speed” there were artifacts in the DNG under certain settings, which have now been removed.
- Correction of the focus distance value of feet
The focus distance on the top display has been corrected and now shows the correct values.
- Connectivity enhancements with App and Image Shuttle
General improvements for a faster and more stable connection between camera and smartphone or computer.
Information on Multishot Function:
- Only full-frame lenses are suitable for use with the multishot function.
- Any aperture between 1 and 16 can be selected.
- As ISO settings, values from 50 to 3200 are possible.
- The use of a flash is not possible.
- The electronic shutter is always used.
- The multishot function automatically turns off the image stabilization (BIS and OIS).
- The shutter speeds range from 1/40,000 to 1sec.
The post Leica SL2 firmware update version 2.0 released with a new 187MP Multishot feature appeared first on Leica Rumors.