We’ve got the best laptop deals for your back-to-school budget!
Laptops are always a popular back-to-school item, but COVID-19 has changed the way we’re thinking about returning to learning in 2020.
While there is still a lot of uncertainty about how the upcoming school year will unfold for some students, more families than ever are buying laptops in anticipation of more learning taking place online this year. That’s why we’re sharing the best laptop deals around!
Whether you need a Chromebook for your student or a budget-friendly upgrade for your old Windows laptop, now is a great time to score a deal on a new laptop. There are some affordable yet impressive options that offer a lot of the same features, performance, and battery life of their more expensive counterparts, all without breaking the bank! Scroll down to see some of the best laptop deals you can currently score.
Here are 3 of the best, most affordable, and highly rated Chromebooks:
1. HP 11.6″ Chromebook – $219
This 11.6-inch HP notebook PC has an Intel Celeron processor and 4GB of RAM support for everyday multitasking, while the 32GB eMMC storage accommodates all of your documents and media.
It features wireless AC connectivity for 3x the speed when paired with a compatible Wi-Fi router, and a TrueVision HD webcam for videoconferencing and distance learning. Its 12-hour battery life will keep your student connected all day long!
2. Lenovo 100e Chromebook – $260
This rough-and-tumble device was built with a drop-resistant design and a water-resistant keyboard to withstand the wear and tear of going back and forth between home and school. On the inside, its 4GB RAM Memory and 32GB eMMC storage will stand up to even the most rigorous academic environments.
This 11.6″ Chromebook includes access to Google Classroom G Suite for Education and tons of other interactive learning apps for students and teachers. It also offers a built-in HD camera, an anti-glare screen, and 10 hours of battery life.
3. Samsung 11.6″ Chromebook with Intel N3060 – $264.95
Samsung’s 11.6″ Chromebook provides the perfect balance to computing and mobility, with 4GB system memory and 16GB eMMC flash memory. Weighing in at under three pounds and less than one inch thick, this Chromebook is lightweight and easy to take on the go. With its 11-hour battery life, you can leave the charger at home!
The HDMI port lets you send and receive multimedia files from other sources such as a television or a desktop computer. Add even more devices with a USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 port, and use the integrated webcam for keeping in touch or attending Zoom meetings.
Looking for the deepest discounts on Chromebooks? Retailers like Walmart and Best Buy offer Chromebooks for as low as $150 if you’re willing to consider a refurbished machine or open-box deal. This could be a smart way to save a lot of money, especially if you’re trying not to spend a lot on a laptop that will mainly be used by your kiddos.
Here are 3 of the best, most affordable, and highly rated Windows laptops:
1. HP Stream 11.6″ Laptop – $219.99
Post, play, and stay productive for up to 13+ hours with this affordable, portable, and stylish laptop. It has a 4GB system memory for running multiple applications and browser tabs at once, and a 64GB eMMC flash memory for enhanced storage capabilities, streamlined data management, quick boot-up times, and HD video playback.
This device also features Intel UHD Graphics, tuned stereo speakers, a webcam, a micro SD card reader, and a Wi-Fi 5 (2×2) WLAN adapter and Bluetooth 4.2 for reliable connections. a one-year trial of Microsoft 365 Personal is also included.
2. Acer Aspire 15.6″ Laptop – $199.99
Lightweight and stylish, the Aspire 1 features a 15.6” Full HD screen and 802.11ac WiFi 5 for fast connectivity and reliability wherever you go. With Windows 10 in S mode, you’ll experience fast start-ups, a familiar yet expanded Start menu, and great new ways to get stuff done.
The Intel Celeron processor offers the processing power needed for peak productivity, and the 10+ hour battery life will keep you connected all day long. This device also features 4GB system memory, 64GB eMMC storage, and a webcam.
3. HP Pavilion x360 2-in-1 Touch-Screen 11.6″ Laptop – $399.99
This 2-in-1 Laptop/Tablet combo features a 360° flip-and-fold design for versatile functionality with laptop, audience, tabletop, presentation, and tablet modes. The 11.5-inch HD touchscreen and high-quality B&O speakers offer an impressive media experience for a device of this size.
This 2-in-1 device uses the Windows 10 Home operating system and a 128GB solid-state drive for rapid boot times and responsiveness. Because this type of storage has no moving parts, there’s no heat produced, no noise, and less power draw on the battery.
Looking for a MacBook?
While Apple’s MacBooks didn’t make our list of affordable devices, they are one of the best laptops you can buy, and very popular with students. Unfortunately, they are also among the most expensive devices around, and don’t usually offer many deals.
If you have your heart set on snagging a MacBook, luckily there are a few tricks to getting a good deal on one of these pricey devices!
Here’s our best advice when shopping for a MacBook:
- If you already have a MacBook and you’re looking to upgrade, you can participate in Apple’s trade-in program. This program allows you to trade in your eligible device for credit toward a new MacBook or an Apple gift card that you can use at any time!
- If you’re a student or teacher, watch for Apple’s back-to-school promotions from July to September, when you can often find discounted accessories or good deals on trade-ins. Apple’s education pricing also gives discounts to students and teachers year-round. Veterans and Active Military members can also verify their ID to claim a Military Discount of 10% off.
- The best deals on MacBooks are often found at authorized Apple resellers like Amazon and Best Buy. The only drawback is that you’ll either have to go through the original retailer or Apple’s online warranty system if problems arise with your device. If your product’s warranty and easy returns are top concerns for you, then buying directly from Apple will give you more peace of mind, but you’ll almost always pay more that way.
- MacBooks are built to last, so buying a refurbished MacBook from Apple’s Certified Refurbished store is a great way to save 10-20% off the retail price. These refurbished units are tested extensively, guaranteed to work as efficiently as a new model, and backed by a one-year warranty.
Bookmark our Apple Deals Page and be the first to know about hot deals on MacBooks!